Public Relations Strategies and Tactics
By: Dennis L. Wilcox
Chapter 1 Notes
- There is an estimated 200 national and regional public relations organizations around the world.
- The definition of public relations differs all around the world.
- Key words that are used to define public relations are: deliberate, planned, performance, public interest, two-way communication, and management function.
- One can do public relations in many different fields.
- Public relations is different from Journalism, Advertising, and Marketing even though they all are somewhat related.
- In order to do well in public relations, a person must have these abilities: writing, research, planning, problem-solving, and business/economics.
- Public Relations provides businesses and society with a vital service.