- In Babylonian, Greek, and Roman civilizations, people were persuaded through means of Public Relations such as art, speeches, interpersonal communication, and staged events, etc.
- The idea of PR was used even in the early stages of America. Flyers and brochures were distributed promoting and enticing people to migrate.
- Public Relations also played a key role in America’s independence. Samuel Adams was able sway the public’s opinion and with his vision came the “best publicity stunt of all time..” also known as the Boston Tea Party.
- Pseudoevents were the specialty of Phineas T. Barnum.
- During the early 19th century, the political world amd activist front saw a lot of development in Public Relations tactics.
- Pinoeers who had a large impact on Public Relations includes Samuel Insull, Henry Ford, Teddy Roosevelt,George Creel, and Ivy Lee.
- The Father of Modern Public Relations was Edward L. Bernays. He was known for several successful campaigns such as Ivory Soap, Ballet Russe, and Light’s Golden Jubilee.
- More and more women are joing the PR profession.
- Over the next 50 years there will be transformations made in the PR trends such as managing 24/7 lines, expanding the role of Public Relations, and outsourcing to Public Relations firms.