Public Relations Strategies and Tactics by: Dennis L. Wilcox
- There are three basic value orientations that philosophers have come up with: absolute, existential, and situational.
- Ethical decisions that public relations professionals have to take into consideration which are the public interest, the employer’s self-interests, the standards of the public relations profession ,and their personal values.
- The largest national public relations organization in the world is the Public Relations Society of America.
- Most organizations have a code of conduct in which they follow.
- Since most cannot decide on what public relations is, they decided that professionalism is a must.
- A practitioner should have a sense of independence, sense of responsibility to society and public interest, manifest concern for the competence and honor of the profession as a whole, and a higher loyalty to the standards of the profession and fellow professionals than to the employer of the moment.
- A lot of times with public relations, journalism, and advertising there are blurred lines as far as content goes.