Chapter 4 Notes
- The first corporate public relations department was created in 1889 by George Westinghouse.
- Public Relations firms are all over the world and range anywhere from two people to giant offices.
- Public Relations firms provide many services such as marketing communications, executive speech training, research and evaluation, crisis communication, media analysis, community relations, and events management, public affairs, branding and corporate reputation, and financial relations.
- More and more public relations firms have been rising up.
- There are both advantages and disadvantages when using public relations firms. Advantages include objectivity and a variety of skills and expertise. Disadvantages include lack of full-time commitment and costs.
- Public Relations firms charge for their services. They charge a basic hourly fee, a retainer fee, and a fixed project fee.