Chapter 6 Notes
- Fact sheets are one-paged background sheets about an event, a product, or even the organization.
- These sheets can be distributed with a news release or even be part of a media kit.
- A media kit contains a variety of materials, such as news releases, fact sheets, and photos; Often assembled for the introduction of new products and/or services and major events.
- Public relations professionals need to know how to create a media advisory, also called a media alert.
- There are several types of fact sheets.
- Media alerts tell assignment editors about upcoming events that they might be interested in covering from a story, photo, and video perspective.
- Public relations employees prepare a pitch letter in order to convince editors and reporters to follow their event or cover their story.
- Several types of pitches include letter,e-mail, and telephone.