- Communication is the third step in the public relations process.
- To be an effective communicator, a person must have basic knowledge of: what constitutes communication and how people receive messages, how people process information and change their perceptions, and what kinds of media and communication tools are most appropriate for a particular message.
- There are four basic elements of communication model: sender/source, a message, a channel, and a receiver.
- Communication is the act of transmitting information, ideas, and attitudes from one person to another.
- It can only take place if the sender and receiver have a common understanding of whats being sent.
- A five-stage process adoption process is: awareness, interest, and evaluation, trial, and adoption.