- The fourth step of the public relations process is evaluation.
- Evaluation is the measurement of results against established objectives set during the planning process.
- It’s important to have a clear established set of measurable objectives.
- There are several ways to evaluate public relations efforts: measurement of production, message exposure, audience awareness, audience attitudes, and audience action.
- Objectives are important and should be part of any program.
- There are other types of measurement that can be used in pr activities such as communication audits, pilot tests and split messages, meeting and event attendance and newsletter readership.