- The new media is now characterized by widespread broadband, cheap/free, easy to use online publishing tools; new distribution channels; mobile devices, such as camera phones; and new advertising paradigms.
- About 1.5 billion people use the worldwide Internet; in the United States alone 246 million people use the internet.
- Experts offered advice for writing for the web includes defining the objective of the site, update the site constantly, don’t overdo graphics, and use the feedback you receive.
- Web 1.o, the first generation of the internet was mainly based on the information being transmitted from supplier to receiver.
- Web 2.0 became interactive compared to the first generation.
- Real Simple Syndication, RSS, is a basic tool that helps manage the amount of information available on the internet.
- There are three main types of blogs: corporate blogs, employee blogs, and third-party blogs.
- In public relations texting, twitter, and wikis are used a lot for contacts and networking.