- The press release has been around since Ivy Lee issued a news release in 1906 for the Pennsylvania Railroad.
- It continues to be the most commonly used tactic in public relations.
- When planning a news release it’s always good to ask yourself “What’s the key message?” ,” What does the target audience gain?”, etc.
- In publicity photos there are a few things that you should be aware of and consider such as quality, subject matter, composition, action, scale, camera angle, lighting, and color.
- Media alerts are basically the same things as media advisories.
- Media kits are normally what is prepared for major events and product launches.
- The basic contents of a media kit are: main news release, news feature of product, fact sheets, background info, photos, biography of spokesperson, and basic brochures.
- There are five major methods for sending out information which are: first-class mail, fax, e-mail, electronic wire services, and Web-based newsroom.