- Public relations writers can communicate through a more personal way such as e-mail, memos, letters, phone calls, or face-to-face communications instead of through and with a large audience.
- When writing you should use six basic guidelines: clarity, completeness, conciseness, correctness, courtesy, and responsibility.
- E-mail, electronic mail, was developed in the 1970’s and adopted by all in the 1980’s.
- According to the book, style and substance are important for an effective e-mail.
- A memo is a brief short message, normally one page or less in length.
- The most important part of any letter is the first paragraph.
- A request for proposal is also known as a RFP which potential clients will issue when looking into a new business.
- Sometimes, pr writers will also write position papers for the organizations.