Top 10 list of advice would you offer PR students who are new to blogging
- Blogging is hard, but only if you don’t put forth the effort into it.
- Start early if blogging is for a class, once you fall behind it’s difficult to catch up.
- Blogging provides amazing connections with other pr professionals. By connecting with others in the pr profession you can make contacts with people you never thought possible.
- Even though it doesn’t seem like a big deal, make sure you are spelling correctly and using the proper grammar. It reflects badly on you when there are multiple errors on your blog.
- Remember that anyone can read your blog, so make sure you are putting information on there that you want other people to read.
- Blogging is a great way learn about what’s going on with other people and the world.
- Don’t write about anything on your blogs if it’s for a class. Make it mean something and be able to have someone take something out of it.
- Adding infographics make blogs more interesting and fun to read.
- Blog themes are a fun way to make writing a bit more fun for you and the reader. On wordpress.com they have multiple themes that you can choose from.
- Blogging isn’t there to torture you, it’s there to help you learn. If you enjoy what you’re doing and writing about other’s will too!