My professor asked our class to write end of the year reviews of what we’ve learned from the chapters to help everyone prepare for the final exam. I chose corporate responsibility because this was one topic that really fascinated me and made me want to learn more about it. So here are something that I learned:
- Corporate responsibility means meeting the expectations of stakeholders; it goes beyond philanthropy and legal compliance.
Corporate responsibility means meeting the expectations of stakeholders; it goes beyond philanthropy and legal compliance.
- “Demonstrating corporate responsibility is a key challenge for business leaders, and effective communication is a central element of every successful corporate responsibility program. “
- There are several audiences which include traditional stakeholders: customers, employees, and investors. It can also include the media, investment analysts, regulators, policymakers, international organizations, and NGOs.
- The most interesting thing I read was in the best practices and it said “define the company’s “sphere of influence.”
- As you do more research on corporate responsibility and look up certain companies, you will be shocked to find certain companies who have done very well with corporate responsibility and others who have fallen every short of the bar.